Saturday, August 18, 2012

Adventure #39: Summer Tour 2012 Chicago, Illinois


I keep wanting to call Sid and Helen Sid and Nancy but I wont do that. We showed up at Sid and Nancy's, a little house in the suburbs of Chicago. Mayberry they call it. Nate and Tessa from Destroy Nate Allen got in shortly after and we promptly set about rocking. It's weird. This is only my second time playing with Destroy Nate Allen, but it feels like we've done a lot more. I guess they just make a big impression.

The show was awesome. Definitely the best of the tour so far. There was a pretty solid crowd there. A bunch of Joshua's friends drove up from Cleveland to see Nate. I finally got people singing along with “Oh! What A Captain of Industry,” and Joshua joined me on guitar for “Family of Ghosts.” I played accordion because I had figured out how to play the banjo lick on the accordion earlier that day, and that seemed like a good idea. Mostly it was. Nate and Tessa rocked the house the way they do. I got out of breath just watching them. This is Pen Pen destroying Nate Allen.



Sid and Helen's seems like kind of a community hub. A regular hang out spot for a lot of folks. The guys from Flat Foot 56, who we'll be playing with on the way back in September were there. So that was cool. And Sid and Helen's kids were sort of hilarious. Their youngest daughter couldn't decide if she wanted to be a crust punk or a doctor when she grew up. Their infant son wandered around with a Run DMC onesie. Then Joshua and I spent time berating their teenage daughter for not knowing who Patty Smith or Pavement were. We're those people. Picking on teenage girls for the win! On the way out, Joshua demanded that we stop and get some Chicago deep dish pizza before we headed up to Milwaukee. This is Pen Pen enjoying some real Chicago deep dish in real Chicago.



This is a song I wrote one time You should download it and share it with your friends.


No comments:

Post a Comment