Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Adventure #4: Micro Papingo (Day 1)

Adventure #4: Micro Papingo (Day 1)

I woke up surprisingly not jet lagged and had a tasty breakfast at Dias'. I couldn't remember the word for “vegetarian,” so he brought out some ham. I know it translates literally to “eats green things.” Which is strange because I often eat cheese and would be very uncomfortable if it were green. This is Pen Pen having breakfast.


Afterwards, I walked up to the house where the rest of the company was still having breakfast. While cleaning up, Rosy got attacked by a table. This is Pen Pen fixing Rosy's leg.


We read the play the company's producing this year, then had a big communal lunch. Rosy and I went down to the swimming hole. It was pretty crowded, so we decided to follow it to the source. We had to swim to get there, so I left my bag on a rock and hoped no-one stole it. No-one stole it. The swimming hole is a series of interconnecting pools and waterfalls. The ground water seeps in from the cliffs 40 feet up. It looks like the roots of the trees are raining. Basically it's Lothlorien. When we got to the second to last pool we had to scale a 25 foot rock face to get to the last pool. A boulder sat on top of another waterfall through which the sun shone. There was no Smoke Monster as best as I could tell. This is Pen Pen at the swimming hole.


We watched a run through of the apprentice's show, then headed back to get dinner started. It was Rosy and my night to cook. For 24 people. I did the cooking and Rosy did the cutting. We made crepes with sauteed vegetables, feta, spinach, olives, with a white wine cream sauce. It was delicious. This is Pen Pen cooking.



Last year the company roasted a whole lamb on a spit. It was terrifying. I spent the day drinking whiskey and hiding inside the house. Other than the lamb on a spit 20 feet away from me, it was kind of a great day. This year we made a lamb out of vegetables. This was mostly the apprentices project. Teamwork! This is Pen Pen with a lamb.


After dinner, we drank Jameson and had a sing along on the balcony until 1 in the morning. Jess and Rosy made a list of songs I need to learn before the next one. This is Pen Pen taking a rockin' guitar solo.


This is a song I wrote this one time. You should download it and share it with your friends.

Super Mirage - Dance Hall by supermirage

1 comment:

  1. I love Pen Pen's adventures! And I'm amazed at how many songs you write!

    ReplyDelete