Saturday, September 1, 2012

Adventures #51 and #52: Summer Tour 2012 Bend, Oregon and Eureka, California

The road to Bend is paved with good intentions. We'll leave it at that. The show didn't happen, but the venue owner was super apologetic and made it really hard to be angry. So we decided to make the best out of a crappy situation and record an EP with their gear. Joshua and I each did 3 songs, and hopefully a few of them will come out all right. This is Pen Pen masking his disappointment through the magic of song!


So we got up in the morning with a long drive ahead of us which would have been much shorter had we not driven out to Bend for no reason. (See? I'm totally not bitter. I'm very professional.) Holly spent the whole drive trying to see a bear from the road, and I've decided to embark on a psychological experiment where I remind her every day about how we saw a baby bear through the trees about 100 feet out from the road. It was about 2 or 3 feet tall, and wasn't doing much, but it was still pretty cool to see a bear in the wild. See? It's like Inception. This is Pen Pen with a baby black bear in the distance, but it's sort of hard to see the bear.


While Holly was trying (and succeeding!) to see a bear (it was in the distance, about 100 feet from the road. Like 2 or 3 feet tall. It wasn't really doing much, but still, we totally saw a bear from the side of the road! How cool is that?) I was trying to see some big-ass trees. We were about an hour north of Eureka when BAM! Big Ass Trees. Everywhere. I got out of the car and literally started skipping aimlessly into the woods. That happened for about 20 minutes when I remembered that my friends were somewhere behind me and I hadn't been following a trail, and I didn't particularly need to see two bears in one day, especially not one closer than about 100 feet away. Luckily there was a Big Ass Tree that made it pretty easy to spot the entrance to the grove so I wasn't abandoned to the plentiful bears of the Crescent City, California region. This is Pen Pen with a Big Ass Tree.


The show itself was fun, though nothing epic. A half full bar. Some random patrons and a bunch of Jarrod West's friends. Following the great West Coast tradition, we were pretty sure the headlining band wasn't ever going to show up. But they did and closed out the night loudly. It was good times. This is Pen Pen finally seeing the actual real Pacific Ocean.


This is a song I wrote one time. You should download it and share with your friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment